What are the benefits
of value-based care?
Value-based providers are becoming more popular as they put emphasis on preventative care and the overall wellbeing of their patients. Value-based care is in stark contrast to fee-for-service providers, who are compensated for each service they provide. Instead of being paid for each service provided, physicians who follow a value-based care model are compensated dependent upon a patient’s outcome.
Why choose a value-based provider?
- Quality over quantity: Value-based providers are paid for the quality of the services they provide, not the quantity. This type of care incentivizes your physician to prioritize your whole-body wellbeing, including preventative care, wellness practices, and listening carefully to your concerns.
- Less financial strain: Because fee-for-service providers are focused on the quantity of services they can provide, it makes sense that there might be some unnecessary tests or services ordered. Value-based care providers have the incentive to work to find answers without having their patients foot the bill on potentially unnecessary tests.
- Coordinated care: When value-based providers are working to achieve the best possible outcome for each patient, physicians are more likely to collaborate with other medical professionals to find answers to the issues their patients are facing.
- Relationship with your physician: Many value-based care patients find that they have a better relationship with their physician. With a focus on preventative care, value-based providers often get to know their patients on a more personal level.
- Additional resources: Many value-based providers offer additional services like transportation to and from your appointments, one-on-one assistance with understanding your insurance, community events, on-site pharmacies, telehealth, and social activities.
Speak to a Licensed Agent Today
1-800-991-4407 / TTY 711
Mon-Thu 8am-11pm, Fri 8am-9pm EST
Featured Pages: Understanding Medicare Quotes | Does Medicare Cover Vision & Eye Exams? | AEP vs OEP | Original Medicare vs Medicare Advantage
e-TeleQuote Insurance Inc. (“e-TeleQuote”), an affiliate of Primerica, Inc., does business as easyMedicare® in all states other than California, Florida and New Mexico. e-TeleQuote is a duly licensed insurance agency appointed by Medicare Advantage HMO, PPO and PFFS plans and stand-alone prescription drug plans and insurance companies holding Medicare contracts approved by The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). e-TeleQuote is not connected with or endorsed by the U.S. Government or the Federal Medicare Program. Enrollment in any plan for coverage is subject to insurance company approval. Enrollment in the plan depends on the plan’s contract renewal with Medicare. By using e-TeleQuote’s easyMedicare website, you understand and agree that in California, Florida and New Mexico, we operate as e-TeleQuote Insurance, Inc. (Your IP address and/or location coordinates may be gathered to verify your location.) Sales agents/producers may be compensated based on your enrollment in a health plan. Medicare Supplement plans are not connected with or endorsed by the U.S. Government or the Federal Medicare program. e-TeleQuote complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. easyMedicare.com is a non-government site, powered by e-TeleQuote Insurance, Inc. e-TeleQuote provides a secure way to purchase Medicare insurance from the comfort of your home or workplace. We do not offer every plan available in your area. Any information we provide is limited to those plans we do offer in your area. Please contact Medicare.gov or 1–800–MEDICARE to get information on all of your options. To send a complaint to Medicare, call 1-800-MEDICARE (TTY users should call 1- 877-486-2048), 24 hours a day/7 days a week). If your complaint involves a broker or agent, be sure to include the name of the person when filing your grievance.
Last Updated: November 1, 2022 MULTIPLAN_ETQEZMwebsite_0722_C