According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, individuals over 65 are more vulnerable to illness when it comes to the COVID-19 disease. Because of this, it is recommended that if you are over 65, you get the vaccine and following booster shots.
It’s important that everyone receive the COVID-19 vaccine. Medicare covers COVID-19 vaccines and boosters at no cost to you. Understanding how to get the COVID vaccine is important to not only your own health, but everyone around you as well.
Where can you get the COVID-19 Vaccine?
- Find a location near you: You can get a COVID-19 vaccine in all 50 states. You can use vaccines.gov to find the nearest available vaccination location near you. Using this site, you can filter to find a specific COVID-19 vaccine by zip code. For example, if you are looking for a COVID-19 vaccine in Georgia, simply enter your Georgia zip code and find the nearest and most convenient location near you. Typical vaccination sites are pharmacies and clinics, as well as some churches and centers.
- Get the vaccine at home: If you cannot get to a vaccination site due to a disability or other challenges with leaving your home, Medicare may pay for a doctor or provider to give you the vaccination at your home. Contact your physician to ask if they are able to give you the vaccine at home.
How often do you need a booster?
After your first round of vaccination, you can and should continue to get a booster shot to keep you protected from the COVID-19 disease. You can choose to get the same COVID-19 vaccine as you got originally or you can choose a new one:
- Pfizer: If you got the Pfizer vaccine, you can get the booster 5 months after your first set of vaccinations.
- Moderna: If you got the Moderna vaccine, you can get your booster shot 5 months after your first set of vaccinations.
- Johnson & Johnson: You can get your booster 2 months after your first shot.
Getting the COVID-19 booster is as simple as finding your first vaccination site. For example, if you are looking for a COVID-19 vaccine booster in Texas, use the same vaccines.gov website. From there you can look for specific vaccines and filter by your 5-digit zip code.
Speak to a Licensed Agent Today
1-800-991-4407 / TTY 711
Mon-Thu 8am-11pm, Fri 8am-9pm, Sat 10am-6pm EST
e-TeleQuote Insurance Inc. (“e-TeleQuote”), an affiliate of Primerica, Inc., does business as easyMedicare® in all states other than California, Florida and New Mexico. e-TeleQuote is a duly licensed insurance agency appointed by Medicare Advantage HMO, PPO and PFFS plans and stand-alone prescription drug plans and insurance companies holding Medicare contracts approved by The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). e-TeleQuote is not connected with or endorsed by the U.S. Government or the Federal Medicare Program. Enrollment in any plan for coverage is subject to insurance company approval. Enrollment in the plan depends on the plan’s contract renewal with Medicare. By using e-TeleQuote’s easyMedicare website, you understand and agree that in California, Florida and New Mexico, we operate as e-TeleQuote Insurance, Inc. (Your IP address and/or location coordinates may be gathered to verify your location.) Sales agents/producers may be compensated based on your enrollment in a health plan. Medicare Supplement plans are not connected with or endorsed by the U.S. Government or the Federal Medicare program. e-TeleQuote complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. easyMedicare.com is a non-government site, powered by e-TeleQuote Insurance, Inc. e-TeleQuote provides a secure way to purchase Medicare insurance from the comfort of your home or workplace. We do not offer every plan available in your area. Any information we provide is limited to those plans we do offer in your area. Please contact Medicare.gov or 1–800–MEDICARE to get information on all of your options. To send a complaint to Medicare, call 1-800-MEDICARE (TTY users should call 1- 877-486-2048), 24 hours a day/7 days a week). If your complaint involves a broker or agent, be sure to include the name of the person when filing your grievance.
Last Updated: November 1, 2022 MULTIPLAN_ETQEZMwebsite_0722_M