Speak with a licensed sales agent

1-800-991-4407 / TTY 711

Mon - Thurs 8am - 11pm EST
Friday 8am - 9pm EST


Enter Zip Code


Please enter your zip so we can connect you with a licensed agent in your area.

** Denotes Required Field

call-us increase-size decrease-size contact-us fullscreen minimize close

Explore Plans in Your Area

"easyMedicare made getting the coverage
I deserved easy and saved me a great deal of money."

- Joe Theismann

Joe Theismann - NFL MVP and Super Bowl Champion

Compare Medicare Plans

Receive your no-cost consultation with a licensed insurance agent*

"easyMedicare made getting the coverage I deserved easy and saved me a great deal of money."

- Joe Theismann

Joe Theismann - NFL MVP and Super Bowl Champion

Medicare Online: Prescription Drug Plan (Part D) Changes for 2020 (Continued)

The Part D initial deductible increased to $435 in 2020, compared to $415 in 2019. Once you meet your deductible, you generally pay a flat price for each covered medication based on which tier it falls under, until you reach your initial coverage limit of $4,020 for 2020, up from $3,820 in 2019.

The Coverage Gap (Donut Hole) Has Changed

What used to be referred to as the Donut Hole in 2019, is now known as the Donut Hole Discount in 2020. Basically, once you reach your Part D Plan’s initial coverage limit of $4,020 for 2020, plans have moved to charging coinsurance, specifically 25 percent, rather than flat copayments. That means you’ll receive a 75 percent discount on the total cost of brand-name and generic drugs, and you’re responsible for paying the other 25 percent. For example, if you paid a flat $45 copay for a $200 prescription in 2019, your coinsurance (25 percent) would be $50 in 2020. This coinsurance continues until you reach the catastrophic threshold of $6,350.

Higher Out-of-Pocket Threshold

The out-of-pocket threshold to qualify for catastrophic coverage in 2020 is $6,350, compared to $5,100 in 2019, an increase of $1,250. Once you reach that limit, you’ll pay a flat price that ranges from $3.60 to $8.95, or five percent of the medication’s cost, whichever is higher.

Extra Help with Prescription Drug Coverage

The Low-income Subsidy (LIS) Program provides Extra Help for low-income beneficiaries who may need assistance with Part D Plan costs. And, if you qualify for both Medicaid and Medicare, you’re considered dual eligible. Dual-enrollment Plans help with prescription drug coverage and other more.

Get Help with Part D and Medicare Online and by Phone

Researching Medicare online can be overwhelming and costly if you don’t get all the facts. Our Medicare Advocates are here to help you enroll on time to avoid penalties. Simply call 1-800-991-4407 / TTY 711 from Mon - Thurs 8am - 11pm EST and Friday 8am - 9pm EST, for your personalized, no-cost consultation. You can also find, compare, and enroll in plans using our convenient Medicare Online Enrollment Portal.